- Morgantown, WV
The Survey Apprentice position is an entry level survey position where the indivdual will be trained on the fundamentals of survey.
The canidate selected for the Survey Apprentince position will be trained through a 6-12 month training period will the individual will learn to operate, troubleshoot and maintain equipment. This will include but is not limited to learning and developing an understanding of the following:
- Survey procedures and techniques for boundary, construction, topographical, and civil surveys utilizing GPS, conventional total station, and leveling.
- Keeping proper field notes and sketches for all work performed.
- Operation of Trimble GPS receivers, TSC3 Data Collectors, total station, levels, compasses, and tape measures.
- Reading and understanding plans, maps, plats and other drawings, as well as, deeds, right-of-ways, easements, and other legal documents.
- Note reduction and data processing for the above mentioned surveys, trigonometry, geometry, and mathematics used in surveying.
- Geodetic and state plane coordinate systems, the metric system, and land area and volume measurements and conversions.
- Recognize, analyze, evaluate, and correct errors and mistakes.
- Base understanding and knowledge of deed research and courthouse procedures.
- Valid driver's license and accpetable motor vehicle report
- Ability to pass a pre-employment and random drug and alcohol screenings
- High School dipolma or general education degree (GED) with courses in mathematics and / or surveying perferred.
If you are interested in joining a team that eagerly accepts challenges, develops solutions, and deliver results then D&H is the right place for you!
*Dieffenbauch & Hritz, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.